Friday 20 January 2023

Self help

 


If you have followed my blog previously you will already know that I always like to take the positive of every situation, I don’t dwell on the negatives because it becomes unhealthy…


It’s no secret that I am a ‘woman of a certain age’ and have lately been struggling dreadfully with the effects of perimenopause.  


I have previously visited the doctor who has prescribed tablets and HRT.  It’s not had me feeling much better and our surgery is going through so many changes, even getting an appointment to start to discuss issues is a nightmare (I’m not singling our surgery at all I’m more than aware this is a national problem!) so anyway, I swallowed my pride and rang a good friend of mine Tracey who has for a while now offered her help and advice.


Tracey is a Consultant nurse practitioner with a special interest and had trained in menopause management.


Tracey went through my medical history and symptoms and we discussed all aspects of my lifestyle, diet, health and wellbeing. I have to say by the time I walked out of her surgery, I not only had learned a great deal about the my body and how my hormones were affecting me but also I came out a lot lighter in heart and mind, knowing that how I feel is ‘normal’ and that I can get and more importantly can accept help!


Give Traceys website a look (www.https://www.eastridingaesthetics.co.uk/wellness) , she doesn’t just deal in positive reflections for ladies of a certain age she is also highly trained in her field and teaches nationwide.  


I’m not sure if she reads my blog, but if she does…. THANK YOU! I feel so much better already because of your kindness and care 😘 


I’ve finished my week another 1lb down and feeling positive.


Much love


Ellie

xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment