Sunday 15 January 2023

What an amazing week :)

Wow what an incredible start to the new year I’m having.


I just love a new year.  I love the fact that it’s a new chapter that we turn over. For me personally, it’s a relatively quiet time cake wise so a chance to sort, have a deep clean of the house and start the year with a clean house, a healthier mind aswell as working on a healthier body.


Our inbox has been full of enquiries and messages to follow up and this being our first full week back at work has had me catching up and clearing my outstanding to do list.  My heart grew fuller and my smile grew wider when not one but 2 awards dropped into my inbox!


Cake making started as a hobby for me back in 2012 with a little idea that it would hopefully become a viable business.  When Elliegantly Made was formed in 2015 I never in my wildest dreams thought it would be the business it is today.  


It has gone from strength to strength and every day I get a kick out of going to work (even though my office is just downstairs 😂)

Creating cakes for me really is a dream come true.


We received the S.M.E award for best Bespoke Cake Maker in East Yorkshire ( https://www.sme-news.co.uk/winners-list ) and we also received a certificate of excellence from Three Best Rated ( https://three best rated.co.uk/cakes-in-Kingston-upon-hull )


Needless to say we have been celebrating the accolade and grateful to all our friends and clients who have helped make us the business we are today.


The week was finished with a beautiful afternoon tea on Friday catching up with my cousin Cazzie and a busy Saturday with an Elliegantly Made open day.  On EMHQ open days, we invite our wedding clients to book an appointment and have a look at our facilities and sample cake which is always a pleasure and who doesn’t like eating cake?! We never fail to meet beautiful couples and hear their love story who entrust us to create their dream wedding cake.


With Saturdays clients seen, we decided to have a quick change and go out for dinner before seeing our friends perform their first gig of 2023.  I love last minute decision to go out and they are often the best night.  We had a beautiful meal and enjoyed catching up with friends both old an new in Hessle.


Sunday was another special day spent pitch side watching our neighbour Reece play his testimonial match against Halifax Panthers which was an incredible day albeit freezing (I think my feet thawed around 10pm! Lol). Trinity won 28-16 and Reece got man of the match.


My weigh in this week stayed the same, after a busy week and weekend I’m not overly surprised. Tomorrow is a new week.


Until next week


Much love


Ellie

xxx








No comments:

Post a Comment