Wednesday 4 February 2009


Let the next challenge begin!!

On Sunday evening I was chatting to a good friend of mine was asking how my diet and exercise was going. Caz happened to mention that there was a marathon walk in Scotland in June and would I be interested in doing it with her

Caz (who has done the Moon Walk for the last 2 years!) and her super athletic hubby Andy (who just happens to have ran the Marathon des Sables, the Spartathlon and the Namibian Desert 24Hr Ultra Marathon as well!) are coming over from Harrogate at the weekend and we left it that we would talk about it when they arrived.

As always when a challenge is put in front of me it wouldn't stop playing on my mind. Could I? Would I? What would people think of me? Should I? - By midnight that night I'd talked myself into filing out the online form and I had been accepted ....................................



ARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH.



The very next morning I was in the gym doing a 2.5 mile walk, I followed it later that afternoon with a 3.5 miler.
Yesterday I had a swim and today (Wednesday) I was back in the gym for a 6 mile walk.

There I was listening to Abba through the headphones and I've come to realise how fab they are to walk too as most of the songs are sang between 3.4 and 4 miles an hour.

Whether I was pounding away to 'Voulez Vous' (3.9 miles per hour) or stretching out to 'I Have A Dream' (3.4 miles per hour) every single song worked for me, if not for the speed of the song it was for the feeling or memory it gave me:-







The Winner Takes It All'

The gods may throw a dice
Their minds as cold as ice
And someone way down here
Loses someone dear
The winner takes it all
The loser has to fall
Its simple and its plain
Why should I complain.

The inevitable happened, I was in tears!!!

In just a matter of weeks I'd lost my Dad and 2 of my Aunties and today a good friend was on the operating table having an op not too dissimilar to Dads (I have EVERYTHING crossed!).

But I was also crying because I realised for the first time in a long time I was now doing something to better myself, putting my health first! - I was proud of ME!!! I'm slimming in memory of my wonderful Dad but I'm losing weight (with the Moon Walk obviously aiding that loss!) and being a healthier person to hopefully prevent me from getting chronic heart disease. I haven't lost an awful lot of weight as yet (11lb in total) but I'm already holding my head higher, feeling better about myself, and smiling. Does that make my charity work selfish? I really hope not. To date I've been pledged over £1000.00 (with 4 stone weight loss) for my chosen charity (The British Heart Foundation) I'm going to prolong my life by losing weight - I'm happy.




"When All Is Said And Done"

In our lives we have walked some strange and lonely treks
Slightly worn but dignified and not too old for sex
We're still striving for the sky
No taste for humble pie
Thanks for all your generous love and thanks for all the fun
Neither you nor I'm to blame when all is said and done

Standing calmly at the crossroads,no desire to run
There's no hurry any more when all is said and done

My adoring husband Ray!!

He never complains, he's everybody's strength and he's always there to lend a hand no matter what and God I love him!

We were married nearly 4 years aboard the Sea Princess just of the Bay of Biscay. I can still see his face when my Dad proudly walked me down the Isle to him to say our wedding vows with my Mum and 2 of our best friends also present. We then walked the full length of the ship with every public room clapping and cheering en route for photos on the bridge. It was the best day of our lives. He's always thanking me for loving him. I just need to let him know - your easy to love and thank you for loving me back. Thank you for believing in me and thank you for helping me achieve my goals. Love you Googlclex ......... FOREVER xxx

I'm looking forward to getting on the scales on Sunday

Until then ..........................

Ellie
xxx
(just to let you know I am blogging my Moon Walk at http://www.elliesmoonwalk.blogspot.com/)




No comments:

Post a Comment